In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She was keenly interested in craftwork, especially embroidery.
- The Shambaa are mainly agriculturists who prefer tilling the land to craftwork.
- Through use of her hands, Laura has shown a tremendous ability for such pursuits as art, needlework, craftwork and cookery.
- She was a talented dress-maker and had a natural ability when it came to craftwork.
- Classic employment schemes range from medical billing to envelope stuffing and assembly or craftwork.
- She added: ‘We've been involved in craftwork for several years, but sales were mainly through local shops and craft fairs.’
- ‘The zone where land and ocean, or land and air, meet often inspires my art and craftwork,’ Patricia said.
- She was very interested in arts and crafts and spent hours painting and doing her craftwork.
- Teresa was gifted with her hands and had a great flair for craftwork and cooking.
- The Project runs six projects including life skills, sports, cookery, creative activities and craftwork.
- Gifted with her hands, she had a special flair for craftwork and found much relaxation in knitting Aran sweaters and dress-making.
- These extremely productive people like to be occupied in their leisure time with pursuits such as craftwork, hiking or reading.
- Be it painting or craftwork, the works on display depicted the acumen and perfection of the creators.
- Gimson also sought firsthand experience in craftwork.
- They will also be taught about diet and nutrition, first-aid, button stitching and the usual fare of painting, craftwork and so on.
- She especially enjoyed craftwork, knitting, crochet, as well as baking.
- Now, an expert in both craftwork and puppetry, he has organised 200 workshops so far, and crafted at least 500 models.
- Traditional craftwork in pottery, weaving, jewelry, and drum making are also important sources of income.
- Volunteers are involved in a wide range of activities including horticulture, craftwork and skills training.
- Handiscope Centres once a week offer facilities for craftwork, recreation and companionship for people.
2(work produced)artesanía femeninoartesanías femenino América Latina
- Spread over five floors, the museum's collection is divided into four themed sections (fine arts, craftwork, ceramics and archaeology).
- A beautiful display of craftwork by the ladies of Ballyconnell ICA was also there for all to view and admire.
- The patterns, supposedly the best craftwork around, interested her far less than the wooded splendor beyond.
- On sale will be brown bread, confectionery, gluten-free baking, wheat free foods, jams, preserves, vegetables and craftwork.
- The second floor is composed of two large exhibition rooms with bamboo craftwork from the past 20 to 30 years.
- The craftwork ranged from copper work, wrought iron garden furniture, candleholders plus a host of other items.
- All of the carbon-fiber craftwork, incidentally, is not a Porsche undertaking.
- The villagers are welcoming and eager to sell their wonderful craftwork.
- Nevertheless, many of the former hunter-gatherers are still reliant on subsistence farming and making craftwork for tourists.
- She realised during her trip that the price of the local craftwork was too high for international markets.
- There were many stalls in the car park offering craftwork, local foodstuffs, books, toys and handcrafts.
- Pick up some fine local craftwork at the Craft Fair on Sunday.
- There was a huge array of stalls with some magnificent craftwork and cookery on exhibition and sale.
- The paintings will be available from the gallery, which displays a selection of diverse art and craftwork.
- Located in the Visitor Information Centre, the gallery features art and craftwork by local artists.
- In line with this was the craft exhibition tent which showcased craftwork from each district in the province.
- Craftwork made by patchworking wheat straw requires only simple manual labour.
- The craftwork displayed includes popular prints, textiles, signboards and toys.
- I recently gave a talk and demonstration on my craftwork and have decided to donate my fee to the fund.
- It is expected that a large variety of items will be available for sale, including craftwork, baking and general bric-a-brac.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.