In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eje del cigüeñal masculinoárbol del cigüeñal masculinocigüeñal masculino
- I'm also not a fan of counterweighted flywheel flanges on crankshafts.
- The Manley connecting rods and pistons swing on a Callies crankshaft and provide a compression ratio of 15 to 1.
- Like in a car engine, the gas released from a manhole explosion could push on a piston and turn a crankshaft.
- Fuel is transformed into energy that pushes down on a piston that turns a crankshaft that turns a drive shaft.
- It comes from some of the critical wear areas; for example, the liner of the piston area, the crankshaft, or the camshaft.
- The crankshaft and connecting rods are visible through the sides of the engine block.
- A timing belt or timing chain links the crankshaft to the camshaft so that the valves are in sync with the pistons.
- The uses of medium carbon-manganese steels include shafts, axles, gears, crankshafts, couplings and forgings.
- The aft end of the crankshaft connects to the propeller shaft through the thrust bearing.
- The cylinders of Millet rotated with the wheel and its crankshaft constituted the rear axle.
- With a rotary engine, the crankshaft is fixed, while the cylinders, crankcase and all the other bits rotate around it.
- Behind the engine, the crankshaft links to the propeller shaft through the thrust-bearing.
- This rigid, high-strength, shock-resisting material is used for diesel crankshafts, gears and machine columns.
- Only a few parts come from Japan, such as engine blocks and crankshafts for the gasoline engine.
- The resulting explosions of fuel and air drive the pistons which turn the crankshaft.
- The connecting rod connects the piston to the crankshaft.
- Plans are to produce 12 000 crankshafts daily for four-cylinder diesel engines.
- In addition, the car has a stock crankshaft and connecting rods, Hooker headers, and Mopar ignition.
- Has he ever listened to himself on the subject of crankshafts and big ends?
- An example of this can be cast iron crankshafts in large stationary diesel engines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.