In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(juego de azar que se juega con dos dados) (+ singular verb) crap masculinoto shoot craps — jugar al crap
- Even as a kid he ran playground card and craps games and hustled pool.
- Again, you have nothing to lose by attempting to alter the nature of a craps game by controlled shooting.
- Yes, there were craps games floating through the neighborhood.
- Blackjack is the only game in town, because unlike roulette or craps, what has gone before will influence what is about to happen.
- When she's not writing, she's reading, playing piano, or attempting to telekinetically control dice in the game of craps.
- Your good fortune extends beyond winning at craps.
- They passed the time by smoking cigarettes and shooting craps.
- Women wearing ripped-up fishnets and fuchsia-pink Mohawks blew kisses on the dice at the craps table.
- Learn how to better handle blackjack, craps, and slot machines when you take your hard earned money into the casino, and you might just have some of it in your pocket when you leave.
- He shook the coins in his hand like they were dice in a game of craps as he walked to a nearby phone booth.
- Peter was too busy hanging out with the guys and losing at craps to notice her absences.
- At five, her father taught her how to throw craps, the gambling dice game.
- On my way to dinner I played a little craps (not really my game, but I wanted to throw the dice and ended up making five points before sevening out), then had my first ever filet mignon.
- Soon it became the biggest craps game in town, and I became the target of local competitors and authorities.
- Hamilton doesn't play fair, either in a friendly game of football, or on his craps table, cheating the customers.
- Turned loose, boys would amuse themselves shooting craps, watching prostitutes, and learning the ways of the street.
- It excludes slot machines, blackjack, craps, roulette, and other traditional casino games.
- All that whooping and shouting around a craps table that goes on in American films looks very lively and exciting, but I've never seen anything like it in a British casino.
- He had a very lucky run during a craps game and turned $20 into $6400.
- Are you interested in being able to control the dice at craps?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.