In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(strong desire)ansias femenino(with masculine article in the singular) ansia femeninosed femenino literarioa craving after the truth — sed de verdad literario
- After all, you probably know what it's like to have your hunger cravings get the best of you.
- It alters the circuitry in the brain that regulates hunger and cravings for alcohol and nicotine.
- Two of the strongest cravings of human nature are the desire for knowledge and the desire for power.
- He's a committed vegetarian who occasionally gives in to cravings for lamb.
- I have got to try and control my cravings and stay away from drug users, which is going to be difficult because most of my friends are drug users.
- During these periods of intense cravings there can be bouts of rage, brain fog and fatigue.
- Hearty and filling, I came away from this part of the meal with my meat cravings satisfied, and my hunger stopped dead in its tracks.
- As your mind releases its desires and cravings, it releases the hold that it has on you.
- Now you can safely satisfy your cravings, since those very cravings have been transformed.
- Next, delicate shrimp dumplings prepared with snowpea shoots satisfy our spring cravings.
- Hunger cravings are very powerful, and trying to resist them is a constant struggle.
- It is thought to lower cravings for alcohol in people who have stopped drinking, but it is not exactly clear how it works chemically.
- Lack of magnesium may show as muscle cramps or cravings for chocolate.
- Some people combine a patch with gum to get through the hard parts, the cravings.
- Making ourselves miserable by these cravings and wishes is the unwholesome pattern of envy.
- I get cravings for knowledge, and these cravings need to be fed straight away.
- The hunger and cravings are now non-existent, though I do begin to go a bit crazy.
- Dates or dried fruit are great for satisfying sweet cravings.
- Hunger cravings can take control and send you on an eating binge that can actually lead to weight gain!
- It's very hard to get over your sugar cravings, but that is what people are addicted to.
2(in pregnancy)antojo masculinoshe had a craving for chocolate — tenía antojo de comer chocolate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.