In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parálisis progresiva femenino
- Secondly, he is gravely ill and is confined to a wheelchair with a type of creeping paralysis that normally cuts the lives of its victims very short.
- The usual prognosis is gradual immobility, followed by creeping paralysis, leading eventually to death by suffocation or pneumonia as the respiratory muscles seize up.
- The apprentice mechanic died almost a month later, suffering from a slow and agonising creeping paralysis of his body.
- Symptoms include fever and creeping paralysis from the feet upwards, all of which the patient has shown.
- There is no antidote or cure for powerful vincristine being injected through the spine, just an agonising, creeping paralysis of the body until the heart finally stops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.