In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nombrePlural crematoria, Plural crematoriums
- The crematorium where Vohra's body was put to fire is not even known.
- We were told that the facilities for the closest crematorium were not operational.
- Escalation in firewood prices and air pollution led to the establishment of electric crematoria.
- They cannot place ads near hospitals, cemeteries or crematoria or on bus shelters near these places.
- A spokesman from the crematorium yesterday said a service had been held.
- In addition, families living in the south of the country have to pay hundreds of euros to take the bodies of their relatives to Dublin crematoria.
- Police mounted a large security operation outside the crematorium, but the public heeded earlier police advice and stayed away.
- Identified bodies are usually released to funeral homes or crematoriums within 48 hours of their arrival at the morgue.
- They hide it for the men to find amongst the corpses that are transported to the crematorium.
- Following the service, the parents will collect the ashes from the crematorium and return to China.
- The cathedral service was followed by a private service for family only at a local crematorium.
- ‘Ask the guy who operates the crematorium what it takes to get rid of a dead body,’ he said.
- Bodies are taken from hospitals to the ovens of the crematorium and the ashes are dispersed.
- Family and friends bade their final farewell at a service at the crematorium as fans gathered outside in the driving rain.
- We then had to deal with the crematorium, watch his body disappear behind crude curtains.
- Four police officers stood near the entrance to the crematorium throughout the short service.
- Without missing a beat, he replies that he has been thinking about opening a funeral transportation service, maybe a crematorium.
- The corpses of the prisoners are transported directly to the crematorium.
- Increase prices at cemeteries and crematoriums by five per cent.
- Pet cemeteries and crematoriums have never been more popular and business is booming.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.