In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muerte de cuna femeninomuerte súbita (infantil) femenino
- Because review of previous studies failed to establish a clear association between ALTE and SIDS, the panel recommended discarding previously used terms, including ‘near-miss SIDS’ or ‘aborted crib death.’
- The book follows Carl Streator, a reporter assigned to a story about a series of crib deaths.
- Some consider France the cradle of the arts, and that's probably true since French art accurately depicts the emotional trauma of crib death.
- We had a young woman agent in Chicago who got very upset when she lost a baby to crib death.
- KING: son I think that died of crib death.
- Can't wait for his position paper on crib death.
- Gone to the funeral of the latest victim of crib death or teen suicide?
- In a couple of wondrously deft pages, he tracks a complex history of a half-century of concern for the mysterious crib deaths that came to be called Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- But this joyous occasion was soon met with sorrow, when the infant died suddenly of crib death.
- The other half of the team is Streator, a journalist writing a feature on crib death, who has discovered that an African lullaby is killing babies, and anyone else it's recited to.
- Previously Louis has managed to cheat crib death, drowning and other calamities, one for each year of his life, but just now he has tumbled down a cliff while picnicking with his estranged parents.
- Her refusal resulted in her becoming the lover of many demons, the seducer of men, and the source of crib death.
- Is crib death best prevented by putting the baby down on its back, side, or stomach?
- For the record, that summer I turned 13, I had two sisters, one living brother and one brother who had died from crib death.
- SIDS, also called crib death or cot death, occurs when babies suffocate accidentally or stop breathing in an event called sleep apnea.
- Your mother told you he died - she probably said crib death.
- Although it's unclear why, several European studies have found this strategy decreases crib deaths.
- Sally and Phil, a young couple living in a Greenwich Village tenement, have just lost their baby daughter in crib death, and the atmosphere in which the weekend guests find themselves is fraught.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.