In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1juego de naipes
- They stay up late, talking and playing cribbage.
- Playing cards and cribbage, they cozy up around a neighborhood tavern and while away the winter, or soak in some of the hot springs along the coast.
- Play is the same as traditional cribbage [so each player discards two cards to make another crib for the dealer].
- And for Axelson, that means a lot more scrabble, cribbage, cards in the van, more soccer and football at gas stops, and, thankfully, not much Dora the Explorer or diaper changing.
- Tuesday: fresh meat and cribbage at the activity center.
- Shouldn't they be in a ‘community’ somewhere playing cribbage and sharing ear hair stories?
- The person to the left of the caller starts the play, which is played and pegged as in normal cribbage.
- Weekly programs include exercise classes, mall walking, noon meals, choir and orchestra practices, harmonica band practice, bridge, whist, cribbage and table games.
- In a town where the Saturday night entertainment was playing community cribbage, my Tarot cards caused quite a ruckus.
- For the less exercise-driven Alice Springs also provides for the eight ballers, darts players, those who shuffle cards, be it cribbage or bridge, and for those who engage their intellect in chess.
- Friends yesterday described him as a ‘straightforward family man’, a father-of-three who enjoyed playing weekly cribbage at his local pub.
- After a consideration of jacks and cribbage, the old man decides the two can play a board game with Confederate and Union soldiers.
- In fact Luke wrote two books on the probabilities of winning at the card game of cribbage.
- We love to roll dice and move pieces around a board, plot battleship strategies, play cribbage, chess, and mancala.
- You can win at cribbage more often than at most card game solitaires; but solitaire cribbage invokes more skill than other solitaires.
- I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she stunned me with a request that we play cribbage later, she normally hated card games and it was almost like coming home to a completely different person.
- Double Cribbage is four player cribbage with fixed partnerships; five cards each are dealt, one being discarded to the dealer's box.
- If you enjoy a good espionage novel, possess a keen sense of irony, love Monopoly, Scrabble, backgammon, cribbage, and chess, send message to my PO box.
- We would fall asleep listening to my grandparents sitting at the table playing cards or cribbage.
- Older people often enjoy bingo and cribbage (a card game).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.