In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lucha contra la delincuencia femenino
- Federal funds also supported a variety of local programs that allowed the police to be more aggressive in their crime-fighting strategies.
- They became more for show than for crime-fighting.
- Smaller communities could lose out on crime-fighting cash if police forces are merged in our region, MPs warned today.
- Criminals are being warned that Police, Camera, Action-style crime-fighting is coming to Swindon.
- He said better results at crime-fighting could be realised if resources in the police service were better utilised and managed.
- Mr Crook said people could approach the police, or crime-fighting organisation Safer York Partnership, in confidence if they wished.
- Police have revealed what an average weekend of crime-fighting means for officers at the front line in Swindon.
- Now renamed Marley, he is the latest addition to the Greater Manchester Police four-legged crime-fighting team.
- The United States also agreed to help train Mexican authorities in crime-fighting techniques.
- Following the success of the first Copshop, a second Copshop was added to Bolton Police's crime-fighting armoury.
- An article in the match programme highlighted the new crime-fighting tool and in future it will be on advertising boards around the ground.
- The company is responsible for laying the fibre optics vital for crime-fighting surveillance.
- Towns taking part in the scheme must achieve high standards with businesses, police and other crime-fighting organisations working closely together.
- He always had good legal and crime-fighting advice, and could tell us what the police could and couldn't do.
- Colchester police want to establish crime-fighting business watches in the borough.
- It was declared by police chiefs as the best crime-fighting weapon since the development of DNA analysis.
- Research had shown that street-level police culture rested on an action and crime-fighting orientation.
- The late '70s was an era when chicks ruled television, especially crime-fighting action chicks.
- Suddenly, he has spider speed and crime-fighting strength.
- The latest in crime-fighting communications technology can save a police officer's life by enabling colleagues to find him through a GPS transmitter in his handset.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.