In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Tie the fishing line to the stakes in a criss-cross pattern.
- This I made myself, and it is ornately decorated with criss-cross patterns and reinforced around the ends with extra duct tape so that the guitar does not break off of the strap.
- Here's the lawn today, with it's stunning criss-cross pattern.
- Sunlight poured in through the curtains in the window and made criss-cross patterns on the wall.
- Signature details included intricate criss-cross fabric weaving, long lines and flowing fringe-like ties.
- Suede in cognac or blonde adds the look of luxury to a blazer or skirt, and is the leather of choice for accessories or detailing, such as criss-cross lacing on blouses.
- Be bold and score the meat deeply in a wide criss-cross pattern using a sharp knife.
- When I walk down Buchanan Street, I adopt a criss-cross pattern to avoid the clipboard people.
- A criss-cross pattern of scars intermingled across his chest.
- Trim the duck breasts by removing excess membrane from the inside and scoring the fat side in criss-cross fashion.
- Flatten lightly with fork to make criss-cross pattern.
- A-list items include boned corsets made out of bronze PVC with black criss-cross lacing, and black velvet hooded opera capes with brocade closures.
- It had criss-cross straps about half way down the front, but underneath was deep purple material, put there to keep her modesty.
- Stretch jeans with criss-cross stitching, coupled with a chocolate brown jacket are just some of the items to be found in the store.
- Halve the aubergine and slash the flesh in a criss-cross pattern.
- It had a criss-cross back, and looked very pretty on her.
- She shook her head, making wide criss-cross motions with her arms.
- The lightly seasoned pilots would take off from the station's criss-cross runways.
- Two stents were inflated simultaneously across the stenoses in criss-cross arrangement (top right).
- He was wearing blue denim jeans, a white shirt with blue stripes in a criss-cross pattern.
1en forma entrecruzada
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.