In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One of the main criteria the youth must meet for the camp is to have a business plan or idea.
- Unless you decide that for some reason it is better to judge by other criteria.
- There are certain criteria which groups must meet to apply for the grants to be eligible.
- Only then can we reach the standardised criterion of economic growth and prosperity.
- The country needs not just guidelines on care but criteria that are set solidly.
- They were selected to take part on the basis of criteria laid down by the Education Department.
- This is one of the principles stated in the criteria for excellence in assessment.
- These contractors will be required to meet criteria to be eligible for a permit.
- There will also be a review of all existing holders to make sure they meet the new criteria.
- It eludes me as to how the various blogs will be judged and under what criteria.
- They join by invitation only and must meet certain criteria before they will be admitted.
- Clearly the rules and the criteria by which the licensing panel are working are deeply flawed.
- He says that, in any case, there is little new in broadening the criteria for selection.
- In addition, sites are selected as suitable only if they meet demanding criteria.
- Judged on those criteria, the tour is undoubtedly a flop of monumental proportions.
- The problem is there are no clear guidelines as to what the criteria should be.
- The one criteria is that they must be active, whether in sport or other types of health and fitness.
- In some circumstances it is difficult to make economic criteria apply even in principle.
- Performance is the only criterion by which a team chasing greatness can judge itself.
- That is the criterion or standard by which the arbitrator is to be guided.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.