In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I would not erase the good that has been accomplished through identity-based cultural critiques and political efforts.
- In Cuba he did political critiques via painting installations based on posters and billboards.
- Each operated and trained its members on the basis of its particular analyses and its critique of the others.
- Please feel free to leave constructive critiques and comments, as I would love to hear all your opinions on my progress.
- I hardly see any point in having critiques and comments if they are to be publicized outside the paper.
- This second use is very important to bear in mind as we try to assess the critiques of globalisation that have been recently aired in different forms.
- Insightful, if a bit cagey, critiques of modern political philosophy.
- Its failings should be exposed in detailed published critiques.
- Historical critique exposes the flaws or limitations of each of the political traditions.
- You'll find reviews of the latest literary fiction, along with critiques of the work.
- Some people who ask for critiques want critiques.
- If critique of social and political reality was possible in the East, its forum was cultural life.
- However, postmodernism has figured more prominently in internal critiques of feminist theories.
- In addition, there are two further political critiques of public equity investment.
- There is no space here to engage in a detailed critique of this approach.
- The radical critique of the political is an excuse for refusal rather than grounds for collective agency.
- They came back to me with detailed critiques, but maintained the same level of enthusiasm.
- In all, this is a fascinating overview with some detailed critiques.
- His reputation rests on his incisive critiques of literary and political innocence and immaturity.
- All I was trying to give him was, ahem, a contribution to a critique of his political economy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.