In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1azafrán de primavera masculino
- The tulip is followed in popularity by the daffodil and other narcissi, the gladiolus, the lily and the crocus.
- Other fun bulbs for easy forcing include colorful hyacinths, crocuses and narcissi.
- The signs of early spring are all around, with plants such as snowdrops and crocuses making their appearance as normal.
- In 1960, filming was in winter, and daffodils and crocuses had to be brought in and planted to suggest spring's arrival.
- Like snowdrops, crocuses will multiply each year.
- Spring-flowering bulbs such as tulips, crocuses, hyacinths, daffodils, and irises are universal symbols of spring.
- It is the season to plant flowering bulbs such as tulips, narcissi, crocuses and hyacinths.
- Indulge yourself - or treat a friend - with instant plantings of colorful tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocuses, Iris reticulata and other spring flowers.
- Autumn is the time to put in bulbs for early spring including snow-drops, daffodils, crocuses, lilies and bluebells.
- For 15 years he has carefully planted crocuses and snowdrops around lamp posts, on verges and beside a phone box in his street.
- In spring the flowers, the daffodils and crocuses are an amazing sight.
- Crocuses and daffodils need to be planted in early fall because they're the first to bloom in springtime.
- Fall is the season to plant trees, turf grasses and spring-blooming flower bulbs such as tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and crocuses.
- As far as planting goes, the smaller crocus should be planted so the tips of the bulb are two inches below the soil's surface.
- Children, their parents and other residents spent yesterday morning tidying up the embankment, which will bloom with crocuses and daffodils next spring.
- The only sure-fire way to protect tulips and crocuses and other tasty bulb treats from squirrels is to lay wire mesh such as chicken wire on top of the bed.
- Your hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, crocuses, and grape-hyacinths can be saved for planting in the garden.
- ‘Sprinkle’ some crocuses, daffodils, and of course tulips between your flower beds.
- We plant crocuses in terracotta pots in the cool greenhouse using a peat-free compost with at least 25% extra grit for drainage.
- Nothing says spring quite like a daffodil, crocus or tulip.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.