In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cruce masculinocruza femenino América Latina
- Sally with her handler Laura proved that cross-breeds are just as good at obedience and agility as their pedigree counterparts.
- The tiny cross-breeds, no more than four weeks old, were dumped by a mystery man seen leaving the cardboard box in a field.
- The five cross-breed puppies, no more than four weeks old, were found terrified and dehydrated.
- Cadras were a cross-breed of a donkey and a camel, and were common travelling animals.
- The puppies are all black and white cross-breeds and show clear signs of having collie or terrier in their breeding line.
- Pure breeding produces more uniform stock but the advantages of cross-breed vigour are lost.
- They took in four young unwanted cross-breed dogs last month.
- As any good breeder of any animal will tell us, the straight breed is not the problem; it is the cross-breed.
- When they approached the railway bridge, the cross-breed dog, Basil, started to chase something.
- The brave bobby dragged cross-breed Max from a fierce house fire seconds before a huge explosion ripped through the house.
- Other results showed that there was no distinction between pedigree and mongrel dogs although pedigree cats performed better than cross-breed cats.
- That is a reasonable ask of the owners of such dogs, regardless of whether their dogs are cross-breeds.
- The dog, a brown and grey cross-breed thought to be four or five years old, was taken in to the police station by someone who claimed it was a stray.
- The canine has triumphed in the northern heat of the cross-breed awards.
- The two dogs were cross-breeds of a mastiff and bull terrier.
- The cross-breed puppy will be trained to be the ‘ears’ of a deaf person as a living testimony to the lifetime she has spent raising money for deaf people.
- This cross-breed pooch's predicament behind bars is a taste of more to come as many animals given as Christmas gifts become unwanted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.