In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que cruza la ciudadque atraviesa la ciudad
- The trust also says that the time has come for a decision to be made on a southern relief road, which could relieve the town centre of much cross-town traffic.
- The sun was out and I was driving into it in cross-town traffic.
- Most evening services could disappear and cross-town links to the hospital could be lost.
- Las Vegas is the only other U.S. city to attempt monorail as cross-town transit lines rather than an airport people-mover, downtown shuttle or amusement ride.
- He completed the cross-town course in just 14 minutes and 42 seconds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.