In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1crucigrama femeninopalabras cruzadas femenino Cono Surpuzzle masculino Chile
- He left his cryptic crossword on the desk, with two clues still unanswered.
- It was the only word I needed to complete the crossword.
- There's something anodyne about even his best work; it has the cerebral coldness of a crossword or mathematical puzzle.
- Learning is re-enforced and encouraged through the use of crosswords, word searches, memory skills, word wheels, numeracy and other activities.
- The other magazine in the seat pocket on the airplane had a crossword puzzle with about 100 clues.
- Watching this is like doing a crossword puzzle written by a dyslexic lunatic.
- The events, such as word games and crosswords will be organised by resource persons throughout the day.
- They dig for juicy details as adroitly as they do the crossword and jigsaw puzzles that they plug away at.
- The games include crosswords, hangman and cryptogram.
- In 1924, Simon and Schuster took a chance on publishing a book devoted to crosswords, and the crossword craze started.
- He ran the words through his mind, almost like a crossword clue.
- He said: ‘Laurie is amazing for her age, she does crosswords, puzzles, teasers and she plays Scrabble.’
- Jack scribed the word beings into the appropriate boxes on the crossword.
- I couldn't answer one of the clues in my crossword.
- It's not even a good pun, which, like a good crossword clue, should work on both the superficial and the cryptic levels.
- He would even interrupt classes to ask teachers to solve the crossword clues that he could not solve.
- Work your mind with brain-teasers, jigsaw puzzles, crosswords or quiz books.
- Similarly, I could get into crosswords but not jigsaws.
- I chose to ignore him and concentrate on a crossword clue, which I really couldn't get.
- The Evening Advertiser has great things such as competitions, word searches and crosswords.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.