- But fly-fishers claim mute swans are stripping these rivers of water crowfoot, an aquatic plant crucial to trout and the insects they eat.
- The Environment Agency has been giving nature a helping hand by re-introducing water crowfoot plants into the River Coln near Whelford.
- We go down to a circular pond, speckled yellow and white with water crowfoot, and take the valley base to Cote Head Farm which looks nice and has friendly farmers.
- The river is designated as a European Special Area of Conservation for its water crowfoot communities but, like many of England's rivers and lakes, it is failing to meet the Government's environmental targets.
- Whitewater crowfoot and the tiny aquatic mosquito fern grow in the water, while monkeyssflower is common nearby.
- Cream violet and littleleaf crowfoot are common on the stream banks.
- It's hardly a river, a few yards wide but very clear, and swirling with water crowfoot that will flower in the summer.
- This is the first record of Ranunculus parviflorus (stickseed or small-flowered crowfoot) from the District of Columbia.