In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1valla de protección femeninovalla de contención femenino
- In fact, 400 Beatlemaniacs were jammed behind crush barriers outside the York Mecca-Casino that night, November 27, 1963.
- ‘There were 1,800 fans inside the auditorium and another 400 outside jammed between crush barriers shouting, ‘We want Paul, George, John and Ringo’ throughout the concert.’
- There were no crush barriers underneath the stage.
- We were right at the front, up against the crush barriers!
- Introduced to the club by his auntie and uncle at the age of seven, he became a regular in the Celtic end, perched on a crush barrier behind the goal.
- Today, however, the livestock pens are empty and the area is cordoned off, its crush barriers hung with No Entry signs and placards saying ‘Collection Centre Staff Only’.
- We were right up against the crush barriers and took advantage of our position by once again hanging around at the end for anything we could blag off the security guys.
- Not just the concrete treads and risers, but their dimensions, their form of construction, and not least, the very style of crush barrier upon which millions of football fans would lean over the ensuing decades.
- But now to meet modern safety and comfort standards and increase capacity, a big job is need on the North bank to put in concrete terracing and crush barriers.
- Five police officers, with a double crush barrier in front of them stopped the parade when it made its token efforts to follow the traditional route.
- Already, St Peter's Square and the sweeping thoroughfare of Via della Conciliazione that leads to it are a maze of crush barriers as organisers try to herd pilgrims into groups of more manageable numbers.
- It is Thursday afternoon and crush barriers have been erected outside Wigan Athletic's JJB Stadium.
- The football ground's capacity is less than 3,000 and it's believed that concerns over the open-terraced crush barriers left council inspectors with no other alternative than to demand the game be postponed.
- Terraces were reconstructed in concrete, additional crush barriers were added, and telephones and loudspeakers were introduced for internal communication, allowing turnstiles to be closed instantly as problems became visible.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.