In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The soup had a lovely subtle crustacean flavor.
- On the coast, the plovers' diet consists of marine worms, crustaceans, and small mollusks.
- The significance of this is that other species such as shellfish and crustaceans feeding in plankton could be affected.
- Marine scientists have found evidence of similar patterns among shoreline species like crabs, crustaceans and seaweed.
- Most of the pesticides used to control sea lice are ‘broad-spectrum crustacean toxins’ and may have an effect on species such as lobster.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.