In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Its discovery opened a new branch in crystallography.
- In crystallography and other fields of research, the structure factor is often computed by x-ray diffraction to characterize the microstructure of small molecules.
- X-ray crystallography and NMR can measure static structure or at most temperature factors but provide no information about modes, and therefore dynamics and function.
- Secondary structure was assigned according to known crystallography structures and is shown at the bottom.
- Do you want to see exhibits about rocks and petrology, fossils, the geological history of Earth, how minerals form, crystallography, or properties and uses of minerals?
- Electron crystallography has been widely applied to determine the structures of biological macromolecules.
- His other contributions to astronomy, botany, crystallography, electrochemistry, optics and physiology are also substantial.
- For such a comparison to be completed, the availability of the atomic structure from x-ray crystallography and/or from NMR spectroscopy is very helpful.
- In her lifetime she would go on to be one of the most influential figures in establishing the science of crystallography.
- His interests were always wide and this is reflected in the range of courses that he was teaching around this time: descriptive geometry, crystallography, optics, mechanics and machine design.
- The AFM topography shows excellent agreement to structural data from x-ray crystallography.
- The light-induced structural changes of photointermediates trapped at low temperature have been explored by x-ray crystallography and by electron microscopy.
- Protein crystallography reveals that the fundamental unit of protein structure is the domain.
- Enantiomorphism is a term used in crystallography to denote the relationship between two molecules or other forms that mirror each other across a single axis.
- The quality of the computed structures has been evaluated by several techniques borrowed from crystallography.
- Her crystallography was crucial to the subsequent elucidation of DNA structure and replication.
- She threw herself into science - physics, chemistry and crystallography.
- Unfortunately, we could not solve its structure by x-ray crystallography as crystallization trials have failed so far.
- Protein crystallography provides the structure of a protein, averaged over all elementary cells during data collection time.
- The most basic means of resolving a protein structure are through experimental observations, such as x-ray crystallography and certain forms of NMR spectroscopy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.