In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(teddy/baby) riquísimo(baby/teddy) que da ganas de comérselo(person) adorable
- I tell you, if they were green and slimy instead of warm and cuddly, you'd never tolerate cats in the house.
- Her favourite dolls, cuddly toys and teddy bears are lined along her shelves and bed.
- He is now also particularly cuddly - 12 or so pounds, no longer a tiny wee thing with a floppy head that is rather scary to handle!
- Jon Huntsman, the billionaire American chemicals magnate, is in his office surrounded by cuddly toys.
- These boxes included everything from toiletries to cuddly toys.
- Sure, they look all cuddly and docile, but I bet they're plotting to take over the world.
- But the cat was very cuddly and kept me company throughout my wakeful hours.
- While being treated in the incubator, the babies were comforted by a surrogate mother - a cuddly toy dog called Lassie.
- Should I give this cuddly friendly female Siamese a home or not?
- Enthusiasts from around the country came to sell their wares and acquire rare versions of the cuddly toys at the Thistle Hotel.
- Cute, chubby and cuddly, everyone just had to reach out to pat his cheeks.
- Part of this irrational anxiety has come about because A is not a very cuddly kid right now.
- Dozens of floral tributes, dolls and cuddly toys were placed on metal railings near the scene of the tragedy.
- Most grandparents are warm and cuddly, and love hearing from their grandkids.
- She walks out and totally abandons me while I'm still all warm and cute and cuddly in bed.
- The cuddly toy has travelled around the world on various trips.
- She was the loveliest kitten we had ever had, always friendly, fun and cuddly.
- Neighbours and well-wishers continued to leave flowers and cuddly toys outside the house in Fourth Avenue yesterday.
- It looked rather sweet, as though someone had tucked up the airport in a nice cuddly blanket.
- Dr Evans this week issued guidelines to locals living in the bush capital on how to steer clear of an attack by the cuddly looking marsupials.
- The morning after the awful tragedy flowers and cuddly toys were left outside the house by people who did not know the family personally.
- The black plastic bin liner contained teddy bears and other cuddly toys, Rosie and Jim dolls and a number of framed children's pictures.
- Baby gibbons are extremely cute, cuddly and adorable and extremely attractive to poachers and black marketers.
- Think of this weight of fleece as sweater type fabric, just right for feeling cuddly warm.
- Delivery vans packed with bouquets also arrived to add to the floral carpet outside the church, on which adults and children alike also laid cuddly toys.
- But between sessions the older girl clutched a cuddly toy tightly to her and was supported by a middle-aged female friend.
- Simon on the other hand is in love with cuddly toys, and also anything that chimes or makes a silly noise, especially cows mooing or pigs grunting.
- The pram was full of cuddly toys, its interior completely sealed off from the outside world by a protective plastic covering.
- A fluffy yellow cuddly toy duck would certainly provide the opportunity for some short-term loving.
- As a turtle you are not very speedy, nor are you soft and cuddly.
- The callous yobs scattered cuddly toys, flowers and a red heart left decorating the tiny graveside around the cemetery.
- We take our sentimentality about pets in the home and apply it to pests in the wild - or at least the ones that look like cuddly toys.
- The fairground atmosphere in Hamilton Terrace was enhanced by tightly packed stalls offering treats from cuddly toys to candy floss.
- Pictures of cuddly koalas trapped in burning gumtrees may deter some potential firebug.
- I pull my cuddly soft quilted comforter from my shoulder over above my forehead.
- The ginger monkey cuddly toy was left behind by a young visitor, believed to be a boy during last week's half term break.
- I'm both interesting and informative, as well as being cuddly and adorable.
- Anthea, 32, said she was told that even cuddly toy rabbits and lucky charm rabbit paws were forbidden.
- Instead of Nurse Ratched we have Whoopi Goldberg with a huge, cuddly Afro to show how warm and caring she is.
- Books, perfume, a warm cuddly stole or blanket, bed socks, a snug scarf or hat - the choices were many and boring.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.