In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gemelo masculinomancorna femenino Colombiacollera femenino Chilemancuernilla femenino Méxicomancuerna femenino México
- He adjusted his collar, and I saw the cufflinks glint again.
- I loved the display cases with retro jewelry, pens, calculators, cufflinks, desk items and personal accessories.
- Although I'm basically a sleeves-rolled-up boy, I do miss wearing cufflinks sometimes.
- His shirt was white and puffier in the sleeves, buttoned with silver cufflinks.
- You take out your best shirt, cufflinks, tie, tie clip, shoes, belt and hair products.
- As well, a shirt with cufflinks and a heavily starched collar is often seen as more formal than one without the aforementioned extras.
- For a picture-perfect look, try matching your cufflinks to your belt buckle and your watch.
- When choosing your tuxedo shirt, try to select one with French cuffs, which fold up and are fastened with cufflinks.
- Neither can the shirtsleeve protrude just the right length beyond the coat sleeve or be wide enough for the kinds of cufflinks you favour.
- Did you know that the right pen, tie and cufflinks can make you look as powerful as you'd like to be?
- If there were no holes, there would be no cufflinks.
- For example, a man in a fine suit would take the extra step and slip on a classy pair of cufflinks to complete his look.
- Dressed in a grey suit, a charcoal grey shirt with onyx cufflinks and a black and silver tie, he sat down at the table and motioned for the waiter to get him a glass of wine as well.
- I've taken heed of your advice that a watch is a man's single most important accessory, followed by the likes of cufflinks, a belt, pens, etc.
- The arm that had grabbed me was clad in an old Victorian raven silk shirt with slightly draped sleeves coming into a neat cuff around the wrist with small silver cufflinks.
- She slowly began taking off his cufflinks and helping him unbutton his shirt.
- He keeps the partial denture in a drawer with his cufflinks, which he has accumulated because he gets a pair for each Father's Day.
- I generally wear suits, shirts with double cuffs, distinctive cufflinks and memorable ties.
- He wore an elegantly tied white shirt, with ivory cufflinks shaped like pale embryos, and white stockings tapered with black satin slippers.
- You might have a sleek shirt, but a nice set of cufflinks can make you look like a real powerhouse - never underestimate their appeal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.