In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1devorador de cultura masculinodevoradora de cultura femenino
- That was enough of the culture vulture for a while.
- For this land is a culture vulture's dream - small wonder it attracts so many of the cognoscenti.
- If you are a budding culture vulture, the upcoming Edinburgh Festival will provide a uniquely atmospheric day.
- She has started to spread her wings and is fast becoming something of a culture vulture.
- If you are a culture vulture who wants to swoop through the locality seeking sites of historical interest then you won't be disappointed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.