In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerra cultural femenino
- Despite denials by some that any such conflict exists, the culture war is an obtrusive fact.
- On this view, then, the culture war rests on different assessments of the modern liberal tradition.
- An underlying objection to such slave redemption projects appears to lie in a culture war between secular and religious activism.
- Now name one battle in the culture war in which he was instrumental in attaining a victory for our side.
- It is really a culture war that has nothing to do with creating a safer society.
- Before exploring how the second Battle of Lexington typifies the larger culture war, it is useful to sketch the specific conflict.
- As he contends, the culture war is ultimately fought in political institutions, not in the attitudes found in surveys.
- At the root of the culture war is a conflict between theism and atheism.
- But be prepared for another fierce battle in the culture war.
- In that sense, the battles for serious music are part of a wider culture war apparent at various levels of modern Scotland.
- Along the way, we'll have to work through the culture war at home.
- What strikes me most about the underlying ‘story’ is the sheer breathless viciousness of the culture war.
- And the result is that on race, both law and culture work very hard not to avoid but to win the culture war.
- If settlers turn on soldiers who have come to evict them, it will not look like a culture war - but a civil war.
- Like the culture war in American society, this conflict is ultimately about control.
- This is not a culture war; it is the cultural equivalent of hiding in the trenches and putting up enough sandbags to keep the enemy at a safe distance.
- If we are in a culture war, and it seems pretty clear that we are, then I expect that every president from now until that war ends will be hated by the other side.
- Perhaps the next war we need to launch is a new culture war in the West, to decide what values and ambitions we might be prepared to stand and fight for - and against.
- The culture war, like a flower war, is meant to thin the ranks of the people who trigger these feelings.
- It came smack in the middle of the relevant culture war.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.