In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He has now been appointed a diocesan curate in Allen, County Kildare.
- But in a letter to the village magazine, the assistant curate said the work on the windows had used up the funds available for repairs to the church.
- Two years ago, he was appointed parish curate completing a total of nine years in Tullow.
- The local curate expressed understanding at their sense of loss.
- Two years later a meretricious curate pulled them down from the shelf and bought them.
- His first appointment, after further studies in Rome, was as assistant curate in a rustic hamlet 15 miles east of Krakow.
- Afterwards he said he was looking forward to taking up his new responsibilities as assistant curate at St Mary's, Barnsley.
- A very warm welcome is extended to the new curate for Rathdowney parish.
- An overawed young curate is having tea with his vicar.
- Before joining Holy Rood he was assistant curate at St George's Church in Tyldesley.
- In 1976 he became assistant curate at Cheam in Surrey and after five years became head of religious studies and chaplain at Radley College in Oxford.
- There are lists of rectors, curates, and members who have been ordained in the ministry.
- A former baseball player has been appointed an assistant curate.
- We take this opportunity to welcome our new curate.
- In a hard-hitting sermon, the young curate hit out at a lack of parental responsibility in regard to children.
- After his studies he returned to Galway Diocese and was appointed a curate in Salthill.
- Two years later he went to England and became a curate.
- A campaign has begun in earnest to persuade The Vatican to declare a former curate of Clonmore Parish Holy.
- Since 1994 he has served as curate in our parish living in Kiltegan village.
- Keeping on the religious track, I must admit I found this link on an Anglican curate's blog.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.