In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of museum, art gallery) conservador masculino(of museum, art gallery) conservadora femenino(of museum, art gallery) curador masculino América Latina(of museum, art gallery) curadora femenino América Latina(of exhibition) comisario masculino(of exhibition) comisaria femenino(of exhibition) curador masculino América Latina(of exhibition) curadora femenino América Latina
- It certainly wasn't a word you heard uttered by museum curators.
- The artists are up-and-comers and players in the Sydney art scene and the curators are museum big wigs and people in the know.
- Museum curators saw a shift from artists' hopelessness to a desperate need to contribute something to society.
- Collectors, dealers and curators in specialised areas all knew each other, and there was supply enough to satisfy everyone.
- A curator from the local museum was there in the U.K. as part of this scheme.
- The noise and lights derive not from history, but from the present manipulations of Imperial War Museum curators.
- I have often felt sorry for the curators at the Royal Collection.
- With the permission of the curator of the National Museum, we were allowed to see the work in progress.
- Kindly the curator of the museum had made a display of a few of about 20 of the items you might see on your visit in the front window.
- Unlike many museum exhibitions, the curators provided the information to the viewer in manageable pieces.
- A wrinkled old hill woman was the sole curator and keeper of the gallery then.
- It is a group of presentations hosted by an artist curator or, as in one case, architect.
- The process involves 30 keepers, curators and registrars making a note of every single creature in the zoo.
- The sale had been eagerly anticipated by collectors and museum curators.
- Very few museum curators have the opportunity or the budget to be so single-minded, to collect in depth in a highly specialised area.
- I know all the museum curators in the world and there is not one to match Tim's genius.
- Next month, as curator of the Meltdown festival, she will play it in its entirety on stage for the first time.
- Since then, museum curators across the world have largely agreed not to exhibit mummified body parts out of respect for the dead.
- The curators of the museum have changed the content of the turbine room a few times since the museum opened.
- This lag in attention has yet to be fully addressed by contemporary West Coast museums and curators.
- The Whitney Museum recruited six outside curators to help select this year's biennial.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.