In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Arquitectura Matemáticas vértice masculino(of crescent moon) cuerno masculino(of tooth, leaf) cúspide femeninoto be on the cusp of sth — estar a las puertas / al borde de algo
- Pronounced cusps at each side embellish the conventional New England Queen Anne vase splat design.
- Strange cusps on the upper molars could be interpreted as either large neometaconules and paraconules, or lingually-displaced metacones and paracones with very large stylar cusps on the buccal shelf.
- Laterally, a shallow groove borders the lingual side of the tooth from the laterocone to the laterobasal cusp.
- Apparatus of at least three morphotypes (a, b, e) of simple coniforms with greatly elongated, curved to twisted cusps.
- The cusp has a curved anterior margin and the base is short.
- The cheek teeth have a W pattern of cusps and ridges, which is good for breaking up the insects they eat.
- Additional heraldic shields float in the foregrounds below the flanking scenes, as well as in the lancet cusps and the adjacent tracery openings above them.
- Megadermatids lack upper incisors, and their large canines have a secondary cusp.
- The edges of many of the sheets were rolled, and cusps formed where two oppositely scrolled edges met.
- The recurve of the leaf blade will focus the sun's rays and increase the heat slightly within the leaf's cusp.
- The moon's cusps point toward the stars Pollux and Castor.
- This is measured from the Northern or Southern cusp of the Moon in the direction of the unlit part of the Moon.
- The peculiar cheek teeth, ornate with tiny, interlocking cusps, stand out boldly in their highly evolved but useless efficiency.
- The interlocking mechanism stabilized the molars, putting the lateral forces to work to scrape sharp, regular edges on the molar cusps rather than simply loosening the teeth over time.
- The numerous small teeth have three or five cusps, a unique characteristic among Pterosaurs.
- Cheekteeth are brachydont, and their occlusal surfaces are made up of a series of cusps and basins or parallel enamel ridges.
- In the crown, the pulp has small conical extensions (pulp horns) into the cusps of the tooth, and in the root it extends along one or more canals to the tooth apex, where the nerves and blood vessels enter.
- Lateral teeth are flatter and wider at the base of the cusp compared to anterior teeth and often lack lateral cusplets.
- The protoloph meets the base of the protocone, not the cusp itself.
- The second cusp is sometimes mistaken for an additional tooth.
- The tooth is well worn with the individual cusps of each lobe indistinguishable.
- Lingually, these cusps are flat or slightly concave from apex to base, while their labial sides are convex along their height and in cross section.
- The crests are strongest at the apex of each cusp, and become weaker as they bifurcate or trifurcate towards the base of the crown.
- With my 10X50 binoculars, we were able to see Saber's Beads on the lower cusp of the moon.
- Given this level of fine control, it became possible, and advantageous, to evolve teeth with fixed and definite patterns of cusps.
- However, they do have two parallel rows of cusps on their molariform teeth.
- Each molar has three distinct cusps that interlock when their jaw is closed, forming a sieve for straining krill from the water.
- Concepts like century roses, starlines, cusps, Myiepan spores, among others which become clear by the end of the novel.
- This matching of the cusps allowed the teeth to occlude, or meet, in a precision bite.
- Nobody doubted these were sharks' teeth, as they had two curved cusps and a well-developed root.
- From a high central half-round, the skirt descends along cyma or ogee curves to cusps that set off shallow arches with small half-rounds in the middle.
- Nevertheless, the parallel sequential budding characteristic of largest to smallest tooth cusps and vascular horns indicate that the two are closely correlated.
- Weak crests run between the main cusp tip and the apex and along the posterior border. p4 is strongly asymmetric, with an extremely long posterolingual wing.
- Fictive architectural molding, now incomplete but presumably once framing the image, rises between the two groups at the bottom to form an elongated trefoil with an ogival cusp.
- The enlarged surface and finer occlusion also permitted the development of complex series of subsidiary cusps and other accoutrements.
- Instead, the cusps within the developing tooth arise as the result of a patterning cascade of control centers that ultimately direct the position, and timing, of both onset and offset of development.
- The pattern of cusps in the definitive tooth is primarily controlled by timing.
- The sign on the cusp and its ruler help to describe the locality of the item and in particular the quality of ground it lies upon.
- You do have Mars on the cusp of your 2nd house at 8 degrees Leo.
- Mars is powerfully placed on the 4th house cusp.
- Saturn, ruler of Aquarius on the cusp of the 9th house of ‘overseas travel’.
- This good sense is shown by Saturn in Capricorn on the cusp of the 6th house opposing Sun-Venus in Cancer.
- You have Mars right on the cusp of your midheaven.
- In fact, your Gemini solar return for this year has the sun placed exactly on the partnership house cusp, a positive sign for a relationship developing some time this year.
- Mars sits on the cusp of his 6th house of illness.
- The Moon on the cusp of the 5th house relates to the mother's concern for her daughter and acts as a general co-significator.
- If there are no planets in a house, we observe the sign on the cusp of the house and ask what planet rules that sign.
- With Neptune on the 2nd cusp, no modern astrologer would be surprised to learn that he had no head for figures or account books.
- Virgo on your 7th house cusp indicates that you do want a long-term, stable partnership, with someone you can trust and remain faithful to.
- The 5th house cusp is almost exactly conjunct your son's natal 4 degree Pisces sun, so it is clear he is signified in this chart.
- My Moon is at 2 degrees Sagittarius on the 4th house cusp.
- It is true that the sign on the cusp of the 7th house is an important clue to this and the influence of any planets within this house are also very important.
- It is described by the house that naturally governs that matter and it is signified by the planet that rules the cusp of that house.
- One factor that largely determined the ancient recognition of house strength is the aspectual relationship that naturally exists between house cusps and the ascendant.
- It's not much used in modern astrology, to be honest, apart from as the cusp of the 7th house, the whole of the 7th house dealing with relationships.
- In addition, the sign on the cusp of your 5th house of children is Virgo, another negative indicator.
- Your relationship issues may remain a bit less clear for the next year or so, as Neptune has been sitting right on the cusp of your 7th house of partners.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.