In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palabrota femeninomala palabra femenino América Latinataco masculino España coloquial
- Another cuss word entered my mind as I felt for my key but didn't find it.
- She made sure to memorize necessary things like household items, as well as a good cuss word… or two.
- While one can scarcely coax a cuss word from today's bookish youth, it turns out that their harshest critics, senior citizens, have gone delinquent.
- During the discussion of agricultural issues, the senator said he lived on a farm when he was very young and had ‘learned my first cuss word sitting on a tractor with the guy who was driving it.’
- I mouthed the cuss word so that Tamela wouldn't hear it.
- He hadn't realized that he had just yelled a cuss word down the hallway.
- Actually, every time she said a cuss word I think I saw spit fly out of her mouth.
- I fell hard onto the floor, saying every cuss word I could muster up at that moment.
- This is possibly due to the fact that cuss words are representative of the few certainties of life: birth and death.
- If Tiger says a cuss word once in a while, it's because he's human.
- I know a lot more than you think… including the cuss words.
- The nurse stared at me with a look of disapproval on her face, no doubt because of the cuss word that I used.
- Not because I am prudish about the use of cuss words (I am, after all, in the Marines and work around potty-mouthed sailors all day).
- And if memory serves me right, there was a cuss word in there somewhere.
- Her mouth muttered her a cuss word, her hands pushed the door open and her feet walked inside before her brain had even registered what was going on.
- His mind firmly on food, Hoss uttered a cuss word and kicked him on.
- At that point I've used 20 daytime minutes, so I just hang up, because if I'd stayed on one more second I would have ended up calling her cuss words that would have made her eardrums liquefy.
- You used a cuss word but I've heard enough in my life.
- We don't need to be hearing cuss words and the middle finger, you know?
- He hadn't even finished his cuss word when he shot to an upright position.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.