In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sauce) crema femenino Britanico(cold, set) natillas femenino
- There's no custard to make, and no churning required as it freezes, which makes life very much easier.
- In Britain they have often been used for flavouring custards and milk puddings.
- Return this custard to the pan and stir constantly over a very gentle heat until it starts to thicken.
- With blackcurrants and blackberries in a crumble laced with custard served out of my big Cornish Blue jug.
- All we were offered were packets of sweet custard creams and chocolates.
- All that followed by apple pie, custard and vanilla ice cream is my idea of heaven.
- Rhubarb combines well with custard based desserts as well as a sauce or relish with rich meats and fish.
- Instead of thin custard for ices, try making a thick bay custard and use it to fill sweet pastry tartlets.
- Too many sugary foods, such as custard, can have an ageing effect on the skin.
- This is excellent on its own, but it would also be nice to serve it with ice-cream or custard.
- Pour the cooled custard on top of the cake and leave in the fridge to set.
- He used to sit on my lap and his favorite food was porridge, rice pudding and bananas & custard.
- My dessert of rhubarb and orange crumble with vanilla custard was perfect comfort food.
- I use bought custard from the chiller cabinet at the supermarket for this.
- Alternatively, put them under a burning hot grill, although this is not as effective and may melt the set custard.
- Pour custard over cake, making sure it comes up the sides of the pan and is level with cake.
- I passed on the sweets, but my husband chose the double chocolate pudding with custard.
- Most of them have opted for the roast lamb and roast potatoes, and a surprising number have also gone for sponge and custard.
- You can also infuse a pod in scalded cream or milk when making custard or ice-cream.
- Dust with icing sugar, slice thickly and serve with custard, cream or ice-cream.
2egg custardespecie de flan
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.