In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Every August we must come up with cutesy, funny, witty, ingenious and/or lively headlines with the word World in them.
- Tegan and Sara's voices are equally cutesy but while one is cosy and hopeful, the other is only a kitten-heeled step away from a bolshy banshee.
- That level of commerce, supported by cutesy advertisements, is driven by profits, not a desire to keep baby bums dry or to give parents more time.
- Again, this helps to make the relationship between Ken and Sora less cutesy and more sweet.
- No, I don't think a cutesy cartoon name would suit this car.
- Worse, Filler constantly breaks into cutesy song snippets, a habit that grows less endearing every time it happens.
- For one, I cringe at the idea of posing for a cutesy People picture which would run below a less-than-warm review.
- THQ, normally famed for cutesy Disney titles such as Finding Nemo, has entered into the dark world of adult gaming with this gritty adaptation.
- At which point, wise old Mork gave one of his annoyingly cutesy little smiles, and you realised that he had been teaching those kids a Valuable Life Lesson all along.
- And speaking of cutesy, it feels impossible to resist calling it the I'm Okay, I'm Okay of modern times.
- The album is about a dog with authoritarian tendencies, which alone makes it dangerously cutesy - but even worse, much worse is the singing.
- Everything is smart and sarcastic and divisive and nasty and cutesy.
- The second flaw has to do with the film's conclusion, which kind of subverts the film's entire premise and makes it way too cutesy.
- But there's no real-life pianist savant here, no cutesy romance, no saving grace.
- It was unsigned, without even the usual cutesy pseudonym.
- The cutesy, mincing vocals are dotted with ill-advised wailing and occasional outright mimicry of dudes like Beck.
- Paint over any cutesy motifs, such as kittens or silly flowers, on furniture - paint is super cheap!
- Though Puffy's image is occasionally cutesy, the singers themselves didn't play up the cute.
- This film veers wildly from horror to cutesy romantic comedy.
- It sounds really corporate, but just think about it for a minute - if you were building a site about hamsters, then you might do something kind of cutesy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.