In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Botánica cutícula femenino(of nails) cutícula femenino
- Recent studies show that most germs on the hands reside under the fingernails and cuticles.
- She gazed absently at her fingernails, pushing down the cuticles and digging out small pieces of dirt that had become lodged between the nail and skin.
- The cuticle and skin around the nails becomes swollen, red, and sometimes painful.
- I'll paint my fingers and toes with Times Red Square, a deep crimson varnish by Essie, taking great care to prime my nails with a base coat so that the dark colour won't stain my cuticles.
- If you get any solution on your fingernails or toenails, use alcohol to keep your cuticles from turning orange.
- Nail pens are the cheater's way to clean up that raggedy old skin you call cuticles and make your nails look better, too.
- He was attended by physician Ana Maria Lazaric at the hospital, whose examination found nothing abnormal except for a puncture mark in the left ring finger, between the nail and the flesh of the cuticle.
- Rub cuticle oil into your cuticles and onto your nails for instant shine.
- Whenever I'm stuck in traffic, I file my nails and massage my cuticles with cuticle cream.
- The manicurist can then gently push the cuticles back with her finger or a towel.
- In addition, the cuticle of the fingernails often gets very ragged, overgrown, and irregular.
- He was so interested in his cuticles and his fingernails.
- ‘It's my fingers that worry me,’ she moans, showing me some reddened cuticles.
- Creams soften the nails and feet, toenails are trimmed and an oscillating machine tidies up the cuticles and removes dead or hard skin.
- The company, based in Marina Del Rey, Calif., makes Voter Control Ink, a dye that stains fingernails and cuticles for up to 48 hours and helps to prevent voter fraud.
- Dab a little cuticle cream/body lotion on each toe and gently push the cuticle to the base of each nail to enable proper nail growth.
- Massage petroleum jelly on hands to condition dry skin and cuticles.
- His fingernails and cuticles are bitten and chewed.
- This compact case contains fine-tip cuticle scissors, a cuticle pusher, a stainless-steel nail file and a chrome nail clipper.
- And as Raechel gently removed the dead cuticle around each nail she talked me through the method of achieving a perfect pedicure at home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.