In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de montaje femeninosala de edición femenino
- It's a bruising headlong rush - all kindnesses abandoned on the cutting-room floor.
- The film was edited at night and weekends for five months in the cutting rooms of the BFI.
- We took our time tidying up the cutting-room, in the forlorn hope Jerry might relent.
- Initially he worked in the cutting rooms at Thames Television, graduating to direction with TV drama episodes and two documentaries about Ingmar Bergman.
- I am, however, all too aware that in doing so I have left great tracts of submission and citation on the cutting-room floor.
- After being sent down from Cambridge, he began his career in films as a cutting room assistant for Gaumont-British studios in 1934.
- And a lot of this kind of film is made in the cutting room.
- The voiceover drips like honey and words such as ‘syphilis’ and ‘serial bankrupt’ are confined to the cutting-room floor.
- Did a vital piece of this characterization end up on the cutting-room floor?
- Film actors often complain that their best work was left on the cutting-room floor.
- Sometimes, writers are asked to tighten their stories; other times, there is additional info that just doesn't fit anywhere and good stuff ends up on the proverbial cutting-room floor.
- If anything, the courage was in the cutting room, and trying to make a film that was singular.
- So a lot is bound to end up on the cutting-room floor.
- The Diaries was an attempt to reshape material that's in my early films; I decided to go into the cutting room and just put the stuff together.
- He began to think seriously of a life in film and eventually found employment in the cutting rooms at Denham.
- To his credit and my relief, he willingly rode out the longer piece, and for once I didn't have to fret about what got left on the cutting-room floor.
- Has material disappeared on the cutting-room floor?
- But this is all done, of course, in the cutting room.
- There are two rooms: a waiting room, and a cutting room.
- The best test screenings are for film-makers who read the room and go back into the cutting room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.