In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Another item that should be kept in your parakeet's cage is either a cuttlebone or a mineral block.
- The bird should also be provided with fresh cuttlebone and fresh water.
- Fresh drinking water, oystershell grit, and cuttlebone were available ad libitum.
- Both groups had access to cuttlebone and fresh water ad libitum.
- Almost any bird needs a cuttlebone or mineral equivalent to keep their bones healthy and beaks sharp.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.