In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I had said all of the colors from white or black to fuchsia and cyan, but for some reason I could never say purple.
- We admired the view and watched the sun set over Dublin with dramatic streaks of pinks, cyan, purple and red.
- Mixing two of them produces cyan, magenta and yellow, also called the subtractive colors.
- Similarly, a short soak in water containing a little acid shifts the colour towards cyan, each acid producing a slightly different hue.
- Yellow, magenta, and cyan are not the primary pigment colors, as one book had it.
- Colour Correction filters are available in primary colors - green, red and blue - and printing colors - yellow, cyan and magenta.
- During each pass, one of the four colors - cyan, magenta, yellow and black - was placed on the paper.
- Colour printers use at least four inks - cyan, magenta, yellow and black - but some of them use up to nine inks to improve photographic quality.
- The report said something about cyan, blue in colour, remember?
- Solid streaks of cerulean blue or vibrant cyan give the small details she depicts a life that can only be attained through extensive, lucid observation.
- Jones scans his photographs to separate them into process colors - cyan, magenta and yellow.
- Colour printers use four inks - cyan, magenta, yellow and black - and the coloured inks are more expensive than black toner.
- His hair was a deep, rich purple accented by streaks of cyan that helped to bring out the color of his lavender eyes.
- As an aside, a mixture of cyan, magenta and yellow should produce black, but in reality a touch of black is needed to get it.
- Fake furs are presented in an especially trendy style - in fashionable colours from magenta to lime green and cyan blue.
- Most photoprinters are actually inkjet printers that offer six-colour printing by adding light cyan and light magenta to the usual cyan, magenta, yellow and black.
- That of a primary colour will be a mixture of the two other primaries: the additive complement of red is cyan, the subtractive complement is green.
- ‘In them, Ken has fused the rich colours of sky, sea and earth - ultramarine, cyan, terracotta - with neutrals to create works which are serene and yet striking,’ says David.
- It prints in cyan, magenta, yellow, and clear or white.
- Hey, cyan is a blue hue, and ceanothus has beautiful blue flowers, so it makes sense.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.