In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Andy Applegate is an elite-level road, cyclo-cross, and mountain-bike racer.
- The UK track and road-racing season is drawing to a close and Dacey has no plans to enter any cyclo-cross or mountain bike races.
- It's my first ever victory, either on the road or at cyclo-cross.
- The Three Peaks is arguably the world's toughest cyclo-cross event with competitors coming from as far as Australia and America.
- It's painful for cyclo-cross aficionados to forego racing season.
- Paul's immediate sights are on the national cyclo-cross championships in January, when most of his fellow competitors will be aged 16.
- Schweitzer is an avid cyclist and rides road, mountain, cyclo-cross and tandem bikes.
- That year, racing off-road in the Welsh cyclo-cross championship, she beat all her male rivals to the under-12 title.
- Cyclo-cross is a mass-start race, and according to US Cycling Federation rules, bikes used in mass-start events may not have objects that protrude forward.
- I have a some teammates that are really into cyclo-cross racing.
- A new technical edict from cycling's international governing body has sent professional cyclo-cross racers scrambling for new equipment.
- With the six week hill-climb season which traditionally follows the road racing season now at an end the winter discipline of cyclo-cross has taken over as the main focal point of cycle sport.
- McBain is now turning his thoughts to the forthcoming cyclo-cross championship, where a fourth title beckons.
- The race takes in the summits of Ingleborough, Whernside and Penyghent and is rated the toughest cyclo-cross event.
- Today, the company churns out a huge range of road, mountain, cyclo-cross, triathlon, single-speed and tandem bikes.
- Why is it that cyclo-cross bikes seem to use cantilever brakes in lieu of a linear pull V-brake?
- Armstrong said that while he is retiring from cycling, he will keep fit and perhaps take part in mountain bike or cyclo-cross races from time to time.
- With a superb performance, Eric Stone has finished tenth in the world professional cyclo-cross championship near Padua, Italy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.