- In rare cases, ovarian cysts can cause abnormal amounts of hormones to be produced.
- Complications include rupture of the cyst into the peritoneal cavity, which results in urticaria, anaphylactic shock, eosinophilia, and implantation into the omentum and other viscera.
- At least a third of women with multiple miscarriages appear to have polycystic ovary syndrome, which is characterized by hormonal abnormalities and multiple cysts on the ovaries.
- These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, nodules to cysts.
- Using tiny surgical tools attached to the laparoscope, the surgeon can make a small cut in the cyst to drain the fluid away.
- We removed an aspergilloma located in the right lower lobe of the lung in a 48-year-old woman with a bronchial cyst and rheumatoid arthritis.
- In a molar pregnancy, the early placenta grows abnormally into a mass of cysts.
- Biopsy specimens of those cysts and the liver cyst revealed benign mesothelial cysts and focal papillary mesothelioma.
- Sometimes a thin needle is used to puncture the cyst and take out fluid to test for the Echinococcus infection.
- The walls of the cysts were mostly membranous with variable thickness.