In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Vitamin C is directly cytotoxic to certain cancer cell lines in vitro.
- This reaction results in the production of oxygen radicals, which are cytotoxic to the tumor cells.
- The ability to distinguish between the two cell types is not complete, and cytotoxic drugs cannot avoid causing some damage to normal cells.
- Pores in membranes can be induced by cytotoxic peptide antibiotics and by peptide fragments of viral glycoproteins.
- The free radicals and reactive species produced by these reactions are highly cytotoxic.
- Unsaturated aldehydes are often cytotoxic, and many of them are precursors of fluorescent products.
- The catalytic antibody technology can localize the delivery of a cytotoxic drug to a specific cell or cancer type.
- The fibrils formed by the hexapeptide were also cytotoxic toward the pancreatic cell line.
- Physician office laboratories that handle cytotoxic drugs are required to have special procedures for handling these agents.
- Nurses usually prepared and administered intravenous drugs on the wards, but cytotoxic drugs were prepared centrally by the pharmacy department.
- A woman was exposed to a possible teratogen such as a live vaccine or cytotoxic drug when she was not protected by effective contraception.
- She was subjected to an intensive combination of cytotoxic drugs and cranial radiotherapy.
- A hospital doctor has been charged with manslaughter over the death of a teenager who was wrongly given a spinal injection of a cytotoxic drug meant for intravenous use only.
- Drug treatment of cancer is often limited by unwanted tissue damage due to the lack of tumor selectivity of the cytotoxic agents administered.
- Leukocidin is a pore-forming protein that has cytotoxic effects on host cells.
- A wide variety of agents has been discovered that stabilize such structures and exert cytotoxic effects on cells in culture.
- With cellular immune response, specific cytotoxic T cells are formed.
- Ganciclovir is a guanosine analog that becomes strongly cytotoxic when phosphorylated.
- Earlier studies indicated that the fibrils themselves were the cytotoxic form of amyloid peptides.
- The control experiment with ascorbate alone shows no noticeable cytotoxic action of sodium ascorbate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.