In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Dacrón masculino marca registrada
- The permanent implants are made of synthetic fibre Dacron.
- More modern plastics include Teflon (used in non-stick pans), Lycra (used initially in sports wear), Dacron (crease and rot-resistant material used in sailing and tents).
- As the material has less stretch than Dacron, it is advisable to check with the bow manufacturer, if it can be used.
- Carbon fibre covered with Dacron doesn't shrink and deform.
- He bolted large shaped lengths of blue Dacron to opposite sides of a central aluminum bar so that the plane of the painting twisted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.