In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dadá masculinodadaísmo masculino(movement/poetry) (before noun) dadaísta
- Amid the derangements of Dada and abstract expressionism she reverted to tradition.
- The ideologues of Futurism, Dada and Constructivism realised the potential for making works of outrage by collaging existing imagery.
- The spirit of Dada and the other avant-garde art movements was forged in the trenches of World War One.
- Pieces in the show referenced Conceptualism, performance, Dada, realism and abstraction.
- Strains of both Dada and Duchamp course through these found objects rendered into found poems.
- Collage has been used in many major art movements, for example Dada, Surrealism, and Pop art.
- I would have to say that the movements of Dada and Surrealism have had a positive influence on me.
- He describes his transition from Dada to surrealism as a compromise.
- The cult of artistic and existential evasion in Dada and surrealism made suicide a leitmotif of literary life in inter-war France.
- Here are jumbled together manifestos from the Bauhaus, Surrealism, Dada, the Suprematists and the Futurists.
- From the earliest days of Dada, Duchamp's iconoclastic vision had been at the forefront of the avant-garde.
- Hopkins is concerned with the legacy of the late Dada which flowered in New York in the 1920s and in particular with the work of Duchamp, Picabia and Man Ray.
- Paolozzi, born in 1924, had even gone to Paris in the 1940s to study Dada and Surrealism at the source.
- The reader would never guess from this textbook that di Chirico exerted a huge influence on Dada, Surrealism and popular culture.
- After a few years, Dada was replaced by the dreamlike ideas of Surrealism, which continues to the present day.
- Members were united by their interest in Marcel Duchamp, Dada and the role of chance in art.
- Burger used the term avant-garde only in reference to Futurism, Dada, and Surrealism.
- The time has come to think beyond the divides of Pop and Minimalism, of Dada and abstraction, and of avant-garde and modernism.
- Does Brancusi come closer to the spiritualism of the Shaker society or to the witticism of Duchamp and Dada?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.