1(of wall) friso masculino(of pedestal) dado masculino
- This technique is best used on doors, paneling, dados, baseboards and also as a subtle wall finish.
- We are therefore reminded of a pedestal of which the base, dado and cornice were alike, wholly clad in bronze.
- Wallcovering which covers the lower part of the wall, or dado, and ending at the chair rail height.
- The room had dark wood panelling, cream paint above the dado, a muted silver ceiling, and comfortably padded brown leather chairs.
- In this period wallpapers were conceived as an ensemble of three parts: the paper used on the dado, the paper from the dado to ceiling border (known as fill), and the border, or frieze.
- The ceiling was enormously high with elaborate plasterwork round the remains of a nonexistent chandelier and an opulent floral dado.
1(wall/surface) ponerle un friso a