In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1membrana aislante femenino
- On top of this, you will also need to lay a damp-proof course, which must be sealed to the wall with damp-proof course tape.
- An insulated concrete floor was laid, with a damp course up the walls and dry-lining downstairs.
- When the front garden is flooded, the water reaches the brickwork of the walls of the house both below and above the level of the damp course.
- The original flagstone floor was here, so I had the flags taken up and cleaned and I put a damp course underneath and regrouted them with a sandstone coloured grout to bring out the colours in the tiles.
- In recent years, Mr Parrett has become a leading expert in damp problems and says he has yet to encounter a true case of rising damp caused by the failure of an existing damp-proof course.
- In older houses check the pointing, particularly in courses of bricks below the damp course.
- The damp-proof course, once inserted, would on the expert evidence cure the damp.
- Use damp-proof courses to drain off rainwater and surround the building with a porous surface such as gravel or cobblestones so that water can be re-absorbed into the ground.
- Plenderleith found that the house had no damp-proof course, is built on clay and ‘water commonly lies 2 feet below the ground surface’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.