In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bailarín masculinobailarina femenino
- With a well known singer, he toured the halls as a professional dancer, excelling at the tango.
- In the wings are masked traditional dancers and a host of young children dressed as animals.
- For the serious dancers and the professionals, the competition and the costs are high.
- The five dancers have also trained in aerobic fitness and upper body strength development.
- Professional dancers have high rates of injuries that potentially put them out of work.
- I want to be a good partner, and traditionally the role of the male dancer has been to make the ballerina look good.
- Despite being the only boy in his dancing class, he loved ballet and was desperate to start a career as a dancer.
- It's simply interesting watching dancers at work and ballet fans will enjoy it for that.
- Even professional dancers have to go through a ballet class every day as a physical work out.
- As individuals people want space but as dancers in classical ballet they are not allowed space.
- There were dancers that shimmered in costumes of gold, a fakir, and a belly dancer.
- This year will see the usual attractions of the fairground, dancers and parade.
- There are now more dancers and choreographers working in Britain than ever before.
- The Paris Opera Ballet always had fine dancers but they lacked homogeneity and a good rep.
- When I left school I went to dance college and trained as a professional dancer.
- The judges watched as dancers showed off their pops, boogaloos, flips and tumbles.
- Last year her dream came true when she was picked to be one of Robbie's backing dancers.
- His dancers divide their time between classes in contemporary technique and ballet.
- It was just a few months ago that one of us landed a role as one of the dancers in Moulin Rogue.
- Never mind that all the dancers in the video have the type of body that makes you feel like a cow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.