In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1diente de león masculino
- Ground ivy and poison ivy grow in shade, while dead nettle, dandelions, and clover thrive in fertile soil.
- Where there weren't any trees, there were overgrown weeds and brambles and dandelions.
- In his pasture, edible weeds like dandelion, chicory, quack grass and even stinging nettles are allowed to thrive.
- If you can spare a corner out of the garden limelight, encourage dandelions and clover; these humble plants are attractive nectar sources.
- The plants sprouting now include grasses, clovers, dandelions, several types of thistle, mustards, and small composites.
- There are some plants we would rather did not flourish, such as dandelions or Japanese knotweed.
- Lilies, roses, dandelions, tulips, and other flowers surrounded them in this natural blanket.
- Control broadleaf weeds such as the dreaded dandelion in early fall when they germinate.
- Her feet dragged along the packed dirt roads; bright yellow dandelions, crimson roses, all waved at her as she walked by.
- One of the most enchanting sights of the English countryside is seeing a field of dandelions in seed, wafted by a gust of wind sending myriads of them into the air, as thick as smoke.
- Carlson also wages a summer-long battle with dandelions and red clover that he can only eradicate by hand.
- She was gathering daisies, posies, dandelions, bluebonnets, roses, tulips.
- Fennel, dandelions, and chicory are three with beautiful flowers that attract bees and beneficial insects.
- You can hang pots on the walls, grow plants in old paint tubs and watch the daisies and dandelions sprout between the paving slabs of the front path.
- There were flowers she recognized, like daisies, dandelions and forget-me-nots.
- The seeds grow into new dandelions because everyone blows them.
- Tough, old dandelions and some other weeds at times require two treatments.
- Taking herbal remedies such as alfalfa, garlic, aloe vera, dandelion, red clover and psyllium hulls is one method.
- The people in charge of arranging such operations know full well that dandelions come into flower at much the same time as our daffodils and then take over as the daffodils fade away.
- True to Chris's intentions, the two acre garden is fresh with scent and the colours of cowslips and foxgloves, daffodils and dandelions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.