In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1materia oscura femenino
- Theory predicts that there is five times more dark matter than ordinary matter in the universe.
- For years, ancient humans knew of the existence of dark matter in the universe but could not explain its presence or what it did.
- It is most likely that particle physicists will find dark matter, if indeed it exists in particle form.
- The Collisionless Boltzmann Equation defines a galaxy as a self-gravitating system of stars and particles of dark matter.
- Physicists say that most of the universe consists of dark matter.
- Most galaxies have more of the mysterious dark matter than ordinary, visible matter.
- Nobody knows what dark matter is, but observers knew there is five times as much dark matter as visible matter.
- Galaxies are composed of billions to trillions of stars, as well as gas, dust, and dark matter, all bound together by gravity.
- Most astronomers believe that dark matter exists - even though it has never been seen, and no one knows what it might be.
- Identification of the different energetic particles, including dark matter, is done by pulse shape discrimination.
- The existence of such massive clusters in the early Universe agrees with a cosmological model in which clusters form in a merge of many sub-clusters in a Universe dominated by cold dark matter.
- If the infall of the ordinary matter were not stopped, there would be no visible galaxies, only black holes surrounded by dark matter.
- Orbital analysis can give astronomers valuable clues about the amount and distribution of dark matter in the galaxies.
- So far the most promising candidate for dark matter is the neutralino, because they interact weakly.
- According to cosmological theory, soon after the Big Bang, cold dark matter formed the universe's first large-scale structures, which then collapsed under their own weight to form vast halos.
- The ratio of dark matter to ordinary matter is expressed as a ratio of nuclear binding energies and predicted to be about 5.
- Ordinary matter and dark matter loosely track each other in space, but not in a one-to-one ratio.
- Among the many mysteries in the universe is the dark matter in galaxies and clusters.
- According to most theories of dark matter, it is too energetic to have been created by the annihilation of dark matter particles.
- The substance known as dark matter seems to create ghost galaxies that mirror the ones we can see, astrophysicists said Wednesday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.