In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fashion/word) anticuadohis plays are dated — sus obras han perdido actualidad
- For many, religion per se has become a curious historical anachronism, a dated relic of the old days.
- Redevelopment work which will transform the dated look of Manchester's Arndale Centre is well under way.
- They also don't cram dated pop-culture in-jokes down your throat like some film companies do.
- Despite years of evidence highlighting their failings, dogmatic adherence to dated ideology persists.
- With a new version just around the corner, this version of MSN Messenger is starting to look a little dated.
- The same dated movies play again and again.
- One man, clad only in a pair of dated swim trunks, is slowly edging himself into the water.
- That Frank Lloyd Wright building, its quaint oddness and dated vision of the future now strike me as the perfect temple for the spirit of Marin.
- The songs sound great, and the dated visuals look as if they were shot only last week.
- This film may now seem a little dated, but it is an interesting snapshot of the womens ' movement at that time.
- The sound is adequate at best, with the fidelity issues common to dated mono tracks.
- The only funny thing is the amount of processing power you need to render the dated graphics.
- They found old computers with such dated software they can't access outside e-mail or even their Facebook pages.
- Most of The Producers wallows in dated jokes that have lost their capacity to make a movie audience laugh out loud.
- Do these investigations of the face and body reach beyond the obscure and dated science of Duchenne, Charcot and their followers?
- They looked all wrong in their dated glass case.
- It was an early piece fashioned after the dated design of a typical pay phone, was pleasant to hold and touch.
- Perhaps Mr Blade got too excited or he might just be using a dated presentation.
- Even with these seemingly dated components, this is plenty of system for a media client box.
- The underlying LithTech 2.5 engine is considered a dated technology by some.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.