In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1EEUU(for children)servicio de guardería infantil masculinobefore noun day-care center — guardería infantil femenino
- Breda Costello received an award for her work with the elderly in the day care centre.
- This makes the issue of providing quality, affordable day care of great interest to many families.
- This is the reality of day care provision for many people with disabilities and the elderly in Bristol.
- The 24-year-old who has Down's Syndrome has had no day care services for five years.
- This will include new home care packages, more home help, and more day-care support.
- Of course, fees are much higher in London: day care for my two children costs over £100 a day.
- He said they were hoping to get interim funding from social services to re-open day care sessions for elderly people.
- All monies collected are used to supplement the home support service and day care centre in Dunally.
- Two day care centres for disabled people, the only ones in the area, are being shut down too.
- Senior citizens enrolled in day care centres will be served free mid-day meals.
- Age Concern appealed to politicians last week not to raise day care charges for the elderly.
- The council says its home care and day care charges are in line with the Government's fairer charges criteria.
- Grandparents commonly help raise children, although day-care facilities are available for working mothers.
- They offer a complete range of day care and early education facilities.
- Schools facing closures could incorporate day-care facilities.
- People depending on day care help in Swindon are going to have to pay more for services.
- It also cares for people with brain injuries and stroke victims, and provides respite and day care services.
- This might encompass some residential care, day care and sheltered housing side by side.
- Services including elderly day care, a sports centre and welfare and immigration advice have been closed to the public.
- It's clear there aren't standards in place for nurseries and day care centres.
2Britanico(for old/disabled people)atención prestada durante el día a ancianos, minusválidos etc
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.