In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carta que pone fin a una relación
- You might think it's easier this way but have you though about how many suicides are caused in direct response to a receiving a Dear John Letter?
- There isn't a love note, Dear John letter or other outpouring of amorous intention that I haven't seen or perpetrated by now.
- I told her ‘You sent me a Dear John letter in 1949’.
- My girlfriend of four years had sent me a "Dear John" letter, saying she had waited too long for me to return and found someone else.
- Soldiers mourn their friends, and bemoan Dear John letters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.