In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alivio de la carga de la deuda masculino
- Unlike the banks, bilateral donors have more freedom to offer debt relief to their borrowers.
- Bipartisan support for the full funding of debt relief grew.
- Kenya, for example, is not an HIPC country but has a stronger case for debt relief than Mozambique.
- Labor considers debt relief to be a very important component in efforts to alleviate global poverty.
- Taylor said the United States would continue to push for 100 percent debt relief for the poorest countries.
- The international debt relief initiative is an example of effective aid.
- Japan has decided that cancelling debts from oil-rich Iraq will count towards its debt-relief programme to poor countries.
- Following the crisis, Russia's administration requested IMF funds primarily for debt relief.
- Debt relief was accorded to Chad in May 2001.
- The second pillar of this strategy should be to provide more targeted debt relief for the world's poor nations.
- Despite bipartisan support, funding debt relief was still an uphill battle.
- He made two long telephone calls to Bono, the rock star who has campaigned for debt relief.
- Tanzania, for example is one of six countries to complete the current debt relief program.
- Cardinal Renato Martino heaped praise on British Prime Minister Blair for his role in promoting African debt relief.
- Another condition for receiving debt relief has been to curb public spending.
- A government could temporarily change policies in order to be granted debt relief or aid, reverting afterward to bad policies.
- This is the first time any G8 leader anywhere at any time has called for full debt relief.
- Debt relief, too, is imbued with moral hazard: the worse a government behaves, the more it is rewarded.
- The World Bank and IMF require countries to implement such programs as a condition for new loans as well as debt relief.
- Countries like Somalia and Liberia are heavily indebted but will not qualify for debt relief from the World Bank anytime soon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.