In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1decibelio masculinodecibel masculino
- The 215 - decibel sound waves can travel 300 miles through the ocean.
- The EU directive will reduce the maximum sound level to 85 decibels, a drop of 20%.
- Sound pressure against the ears is measured in decibels.
- The device can create a sound at 120 decibels, loud enough to disable enemy combatants.
- When the woman had the noise level tested, it measured 67 to 72 decibels.
- The volume of sound is measured in decibels (dB).
- According to the results, the noise on Sunday was 58 decibels, compared to 80 decibels on Friday afternoon.
- Intensity is measured in decibels, most commonly using the decibel ‘A’ scale (dbA).
- Mr Cochrane has bought his own sound meter and claims to have recorded levels of 105 decibels inside his house.
- We have sound measurements exceeding 100 decibels.
- Hearing protection is recommended when sound exceeds 85 decibels.
- Noise levels will not exceed 45 decibels when measured over any 15 minute period between 12 midnight and 8a.m.
- In the Stotts' front garden, they found sound levels reached 97.8 decibels, which can cause serious damage to the ears.
- Because the range of sound pressures that can be heard is so large, a logarithmic scale of decibels is used to measure sound intensity.
- To know if a sound is loud enough to damage your ears, it is important to know both the loudness level (measured in decibels, dBA) and the length of exposure to the sound.
- The meter, which comes with instructions, will measure the intensity of the sound in decibels.
- Humans feel pain when they hear sounds of 120 decibels, a level typically reached next to the speakers at a rock concert.
- Vibrations are measured in decibels (d.b.g.) which is the level of vibration.
- Efficiency of the speakers determines the distance sound will travel and is measured in terms of decibels, the higher the better.
- An aircraft taking off produces about 140 decibels of noise and motorways a further 75 decibels, both above levels deemed unacceptable by some health experts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.