In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(rot)(waste/corpse) descomponerse(waste/corpse) pudrirsea strong smell of decomposing fish — un fuerte olor a pescado en descomposición
- Most of the hotel refuse consists of leftover food, which rapidly decomposes.
- ‘When a body decomposes in water, it becomes completely disfigured,’ he continues.
- Her remains were so badly decomposed that no clear cause of death has been established, but South Yorkshire Police are treating her death as murder.
- The body begins to decompose soon after it is buried.
- The days when organic food conjured up images of overpriced vegetables decomposing before the eyes are well and truly over.
- Submerged leaves decompose quickly and can cause scummy bacteria to form.
- The remains were so badly decomposed, scientists were unable to establish a cause of death, and murder was not ruled out.
- Peatlands consist of layer upon layer of partially decomposed plant material.
- As the mulch decomposes in the summer heat, add more to maintain optimal mulch depth.
- In those few hours the body had began to already decompose.
- ‘When buried,’ says Emily, ‘an animal's body decomposes at a very slow rate - it can take up to 30 years.’
- Leaves decompose quickly, which can turn water murky and even make it smelly.
- As these mulches slowly decompose, they provide organic matter which helps keep the soil loose.
- The badly decomposed body of a man has been found in a reservoir at Ogden.
- Some 17 days passed before her badly decomposed body was found, 20 miles away.
- Vets said some bacteria could still spread after the body decomposes and could infect human beings as well as animals.
- If there are badly decomposed or skeletal remains, we might be able to do facial reconstruction.
- It takes several weeks or longer, depending upon the size, for the body to completely decompose.
- While a corpse would normally decompose completely during this time, it is understood the body was partially preserved in a ‘mummified’ state for some reason.
- In addition to improving soil structure, decomposing compost will slowly release plant nutrients.
- The most significant user is the glass industry, which uses sodium carbonate to decompose silicates for glass making.
- Benzoyl peroxide rapidly decomposes into benzoic acid and hydrogen peroxide and is also safe.
- When light strikes the film the silver halide decomposes to give silver.
- This water vapor can undergo a chemical change if enough additional heat is added, when it decomposes into oxygen gas and hydrogen gas.
- When heated, it decomposes into calcium oxide and carbon dioxide gas.
- Without catalysis, hydrogen peroxide decomposes slowly over time to form water and oxygen gas.
- In acidic mixtures, such as many soft drinks, sucrose will chemically decompose over a period of time.
- Glyphosate has little residual activity and is rapidly decomposed to organic components by microorganisms in the soil.
- As hydrogen peroxide decomposes to oxygen and water, the resulting rate of the evolution of oxygen and I 2 vary periodically.
- Oxyhemoglobin is a fairly unstable molecule that decomposes in the intercellular spaces to release free oxygen and hemoglobin.
- Regardless of whether it concerns volatile or solid substances, chemical explosives decompose into gas on detonation.
- Davy had developed a technique by which unusually stable compounds could be decomposed into their constituent elements.
- Nitriles can be decomposed by acids or alkalis to give the corresponding carboxylic acid or they can be reduced to give primary amines.
- Nitric acid can be thermally decomposed to give water, nitrogen dioxide, and oxygen.
- Alcohol evaporates or is decomposed, so fermentation cannot be proven directly.
- Thus, two molecules of water have been decomposed into two molecules of hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen.
- Formic acid decomposes slowly at room temperature into carbon monoxide and Water.
- All dioxins are very stable and unlike most other chemicals do not quickly decompose or break down in the environment.
- For this reason, demolition experts prefer to use explosive chemicals that contain molecules that readily decompose to form gases.
Física Biología Química
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.